I highly recommend you watch the short video because it’s hilarious!
If you’re reading this in a place where a blaring video might not be so appropriate, this is it in a nutshell.
It’s a clip from “What about Bob?” and Bill Murray is chanting “I feel good, I feel great, I feel wonderful” whilst looking completely petrified.
Positive thinking is great – no doubt about it. But lying to yourself or trying to force something that you just ain’t feeling, is foolish.
At the end of the day, if you feel like sh*t, just chanting repetitively isn’t going to bring the revolution you’re really hoping for.
The answer lies in your emotions. When your head (thinking mind) and your heart (feeling mind) are in sync, magic happens. Seriously.
Of course our thoughts influence our feelings, but feelings also influence our thoughts. Luckily for us, our thinking minds and feeling minds are intrinsically linked through memory.
So if you’re feeling stuck in Wah-Wah land and you want out, here’s a simple tool to help you do a 180 to get you the hell outta there and get you thinking, feeling and doing great things.
Roll up, Roll up to see The Magnificent, Delightful, Mind-Bending Magic Trick!*
1. Breathe. Deeply.
2. Think back to that time when you felt absolute delight.
3. Notice where you feel it in your body (For me it’s a spine-tingling energy-zinging-between-my-heart-and-eyes kinda feeling)
4. Let the memory dissolve but keep that feeling spinning around in your body.
5. Focus on the one body part that feels the most energised or refreshed (for me it’s my eyes)
6. Breathe a sigh of relief and say “thank you”.
You have just internalised delight and you can conjure that feeling at will just by focusing back onto that body part that holds the feeling of delight.
*Impress people at parties with it, or just use it whenever you want to feel good