Things have been a little quiet on the ol’ bloggy-blog as life behind the scenes has been HEC.TIC.
A few of you may remember the moving house sale I had a few weeks ago. Well the move has finally happened. To say it’s been challenging would be an understatement. I’d love to say I handled it all with grace and aplomb, but I’m pretty sure my relatives would laugh out loud if I described myself in that way.
Impatience, frustration and plain ol’ depletion reared their ugly heads. I dropped the ball on my meditation practices quite a few times. I even caught sight of the Inner Critics more than I would have liked.
And that’s ok.
Emotions can be full on but we need the whole spectrum of them to really live life to the full. Emotions that are repressed always come out in other, unhealthier ways.
I’ve been triggered many times over the last few weeks, and as much as possible I try to let the emotions ricochet through me and then centre back in. I’m a work in progress.
Speaking of the emotional spectrum - Spectrum (the anti-work course) will be starting up again in a few weeks. To claim dibs on info as soon as it’s released - head over to the Spectrum page to register your interest on the mailing list.
And without further ado - here are the things that have floated my boat in between packing boxes…
- One of my favourite artists, Imogen Heap, is creating gloves that turn gestures into music
- Did you know sound affects the taste of your food?
- 7 Essential Books on Music, Emotion, and the Brain
- Beautiful comic based on the writings of Charles Bukowski on the myths of creativity
- Wow! This photographer asked people all over the US why they rescued an animal. Their answers are just gorgeous!
- Guess which famous designer shaved her head to protest inaction on climate change?
- Need an answer to one of life’s big questions? Here’s a flowchart to help you find your answer
- This Barbie Doll is revolutionising how girls think about their bodies
- Mah girl Helen Thomas chats with Connie Chapman about Intuitive Wellness
- Did you know Dr Suess create an “adult” book called The Seven Lady Godivas?
This absolutely cracked me up!
Stunning. Just stunning.