As a huge lover of learning, TED talks are my geeky viewing pleasure.
TED originated as a conference about Technology, Entertainment and Design - but has broadened it’s scope to be all about “Ideas Worth Spreading”.
There are over a thousand videos on TED.com where the world’s most fascinating thinkers and doers give ‘the talk of their life (in 18 mins or less)’.
There are some incredibly powerful talks built on solid research that will really help you live your life of awesomeness.
So here are my top 10 videos that will change your mind about your body, your brain, your planet, and your potential.
All are safe for work if you’d like to indulge in some lunchtime learning. Otherwise turn off the TV tonight and get some real entertainment. Enjoy!
(If you’re reading this in email / feed reader - click through to the website to see the embedded videos).
1. Amy Cuddy: Your body language shapes who you are
2. Jill Bolte Taylor’s stroke of insight
Brain researcher Jill Bolte Taylor studied her own stroke as it happened — and has become a powerful voice for brain recovery. A moving and inspiring video!
3. Brené Brown: The power of vulnerability
4. Jane McGonigal: The game that can give you 10 extra years of life
Jane created a game called Superbetter that helps you boost resilience. Gain 7.5 mins of extra life just by watching this video. For realz!
5. Matt Cutts: Try something new for 30 days
Hooray! Proof in 2.5 mins that the 30 Day Feel Damn Fine Challenge works
6. Lissa Rankin: Is there scientific proof we can heal ourselves?
The answer is yes. You already knew that - but watch anyway as Lissa draws on some fantastic case studies.
7. Louie Schwartzberg: Nature. Beauty. Gratitude.
“We protect that which we fall in love with”. True on a personal and global level. A meditative and poetic video. See more of Louie’s jaw dropping art here.
8. Jamie Oliver’s TED Prize wish: Teach every child about food
An impassioned request to revolutionise the food industry! One of my fave celebrity chefs for this kind of work he does. Plus, ya gotta love a good revolution
9. Scott Dinsmore: How to find and do work you love
10. Andy Puddicombe: All it takes is 10 mindful minutes
If you thought meditation was all about sitting cross legged and burning incense, think again. There’s also juggling! Plus check out his amazing smartphone app, Headspace.
There you have it folks. I hope this has given you some inspiration and entertainment. If you have a favourite TED talk that isn’t listed here, please share in the comments below. I’m always on the look out for more